Cannabis Production Establishment Agents are employees of Medical Cannabis Cultivation, Processing, and Independent Laboratory Facilities. All employees of a Medical Cannabis Facility must have their agent card on them while in the facility or transporting cannabis product.
- A full list of Cannabis Production Establishment Agent eligibility requirements can be found in opens in a new tabUCA 4-41a-301
- The department shall revoke or refuse to issue the card if the individual is convicted under state or federal law of:
- A felony; or
- After December 3, 2018, a misdemeanor for drug distribution.
- Applicants can apply for an agent card through Utah's Electronic Verification System (opens in a new tabEVS)
- The application requires applicant information, an Agent Training Certificate (provided by establishment), a opens in a new tabBackground Authorization Form, and payment
- opens in a new tabAgent Card Application Overview
- For more detailed instructions on creating a Utah ID or EVS account, please reference this opens in a new tabdocument.
- UDAF offers live scan services to Medical Cannabis Production Establishment applicants free of cost. Email email@example.com to set up a fingerprinting appointment if interested.
Common Application Mistakes to Avoid
- Photo does not meet ID requirements
- Applicant information does not match information on government issued ID
- Incorrect or incomplete Agent Training Certificate
- Incorrect or incomplete Background Authorization Form
- An application may be delayed if the applicant has not submitted fingerprints/background
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Complete information regarding registration for a Cannabis Production Establishment Agent can be found in 4-41a-301 & 302.
Agent Training Certification
- There are currently two approved 3rd party certified training programs in the state at this time.
- The Training must comply with 4-41a-301 and cover Utah medical cannabis law, best practices in cannabis productions facilities, and safety procedures to protect both employee and patient health:
- 41a-301(6) A cannabis production establishment agent shall comply with: (a) a certification standard that the department develops; or (b) a certification standard that the department has reviewed and approved.
- 4-41a-301(7) The department shall ensure that the certification standard described in Subsection (6) includes training: (i) in Utah medical cannabis law; (ii) for a cannabis cultivation facility agent, in cannabis cultivation best practices; (iii) for a cannabis processing facility agent, in cannabis processing, manufacturing safety procedures for items for human consumption, and sanitation best practices; and (iv) for an independent cannabis testing laboratory agent, in cannabis testing best practices.