MEDICAL CANNABIS ADMINISTRATIVE RULE
The Cannabis Administrative Rule is available at the Utah Department of Administrative Services.
Below is a list of UDAF’s most current Cannabis Production Rule Sets. Utah Senate Bill 121 and House Bill 425 set the frame work for the following statues and rule sets:
- 4-41a – Cannabis Production Establishments
- R68-27 – Cannabis Cultivation Rule
- R68-28 – Cannabis Processing Rule
- R68-29 – Quality Assurance Testing on Cannabis Rule
- R68-30 – Independent Cannabis Testing Laboratory Rule
- R68-32 – Sale and Transfer of Industrial Hemp Waste to Medical Cannabis Cultivators Rule
- R68-34 – Educational Events and Educational Materials Rules
- R68-35 – Academic Medical Cannabis Research
Rules related to the Cannabis Production Establishment Board are found in R68-31. All Establishment Board meetings will be posted on the Utah Public Notice Website.
To subscribe to receive notifications on meetings of the Cannabis Production Establishment
- Click on the link above (Utah Public Notice Website)
- Click on the “Search” function
- “Entity Name”- type in Department of Agriculture and Food
- “Public Body Name”- type in Cannabis Production Establishment Licensing Board
- Select “Submit”
- There will be a list of past notices under “Notice Title”, click on one of them then scroll to
- the bottom of the page.
- In the section “Subscribe by Email” fill out the information and click “subscribe”, you are
- then put on the list to be notified of future alerts.
The Cannabis Department is a State Agency and can be found under The Department of Agriculture and Food.
Cannabis Production Establishment 2023 Board Meeting Dates and Deadlines:
Cannabis Production Establishment Board meetings have been approved for 2023 and
are listed below with subsequent documentation/request deadlines.
Documents/requests that need to be presented to the Board must be complete and
submitted on or before the deadline date.
● February 8th – Documentation Deadline: January 13th
● April 13th – Documentation Deadline: March 16th
● June 15th – Documentation Deadline: May 18th
● August 9th – Documentation Deadline: July 12th
● October 10th – Documentation Deadline September 12th
● December 5th – Documentation Deadline November 7th
Cultivation Annual Renewal Information:
Current cultivation license holders must renew their cultivation license each year at the December Cannabis Production Establishment Licensing Advisory Board meeting. All renewal documentation must be submitted no later than the documentation deadline listed below. Renewal is not considered to be complete until all applicable fees are paid and the facility’s bond is in good standing.
2023 Board Meeting Date: December 5th, 2023 (documentation deadline November
All renewal applications and supplemental documentation must be submitted via email to Cannabis@utah.gov
To learn more about Utah’s Cannabis Cultivation Industry read:
Cannabis Production Documents and Forms:
Cannabis Production Establishment Board Member Announcement:
Senate Bill 192 requires the commissioner to appoint 5 members to the new Cannabis Production
Establishment Licensing Advisory Board; this must include a member of the public, an individual with
pharmaceutical experience, a law enforcement representative, a cannabis patient organization
representative, and a who has experience with cannabis and who is associated with a research university.
Board Member were appointed by Utah Department of Agriculture and Food Commissioner Craig W
Buttars, and underwent Ethics, GRAMA, and Public meetings Acts Training on June 7 th 2021. Below is a
list of the appointed Board Members;
- Miles Maynes – Member of the Public
- Edward Bellmar Walker – Chemist at Weber State
- Kevin Potter – Law Enforcement Representative
- Joshua Alden Daniels – Patient Representative
- Andrew Gubler- Pharmaceutical Representative